Tuesday, January 21, 2020


THE SWEET SMELL OF HONEYSUCKLE

Near our home in Kentucky where I was raised,    were fence rows dividing the property lines  between us and our neighbors.

They  hadn't received much attention over the years and were invaded with wild Honeysuckle vines.

 In some places.  the vines had pretty much strangled all the other plants out.

As much of a pest as they, were to the property owners . there was one good side to their being a  nuisance.


 During  the months of May and June they produced some of the best smelling blossoms. Known to man.

Seems like God added  extra ingredient to their blooms  to separate them from all  the other plants.

Honey bees, butterflies and hummingbirds loved them.

 Frequenting   their blooms often, one after another  until they  reached their limits of nectar.

I  liked walking by the  vines to visit , and get a whiff  of the sweet smelling aroma they produced for myself.

 They smelled so good   I couldn't resist picking a few   and putting them into my pockets to take home.

I called them my natures clone, back then bathing wasn't as frequent as today and anything you could do to improve body Oder was a plus..

when I'd get home mother and the kids would often say.

 You're  smelling good today, have you been visiting the Honey suckle Patch ?

Coleman Schell

No comments:

Post a Comment