Sunday, March 1, 2020


THE WILDERNESS  AND  BOONE TRACE ROADS


As a youngster I loved, hearing  stories told to me by my elders about the life of Daniel Boone and his pioneering adventures into Kentucky.

I went as far as making my own Coon skin cap, and trying to be a Daniel look a like.

The results didn't turn out as well as  I  hoped for  but was good enough, for me to look in the mirror  and compare myself to him .

From the stories I'd heard of Daniel's  travels, especially  his journey's near The Levi Jackson state Park; not from our home; made them compelling for me to listen to.

Today the State of Kentucky has placed  Historical Markers on the Levi Jackson State park property marking the routes Daniel took.

 One  for the Wilderness Road on the East side and on the West side ,one for Boone Trace Road, the two roads cross each other about two miles North of the park.

Daniel also went through Hazel Patch, North of the park away's, where another Historical Marker is located and from this location Daniel made his way to Boonesborough.

Where he built his home and the famous  Fort Boonesbough.

Lot of Daniel Boone History for a young Lad like me to digest but I gave it A for effort.

Later on  when the Daniel Boone Series played by (Fess Parker) became a Television program, I don't think I missed an episode, it was so interesting  to me .

The show took me on adventures I'd never been on  and to  places, I 'd personally visited myself.

Making Daniel's Wilderness And Boone Trace Roads a memorable part of Kentucky history for me.

Coleman Schell



No comments:

Post a Comment