Saturday, April 1, 2017

Piddlings Around




I was always gifted at piddling, around I roamed the country side In Kentucky looking for places to do that.

Old fence rows were a favorite place of mine to start .

Even today I long to check them out, they are still a good source for piddling, you never know what you may find there.

 Such as  an old rusty barbed wire fence that maybe antique  .

Tangled vines... briar patches... and wild flowers seldom seen by anyone.

 Trail crossings  by Raccoons, Foxes, and Groundhogs.

Are often found in a fence row.

 Adventure and  unseen beauty are there for those who want to piddle around for awhile in a fence row.

Honeysuckle, vines bloom there in the spring with blossoms  smelling so good, you can smell them a long ways before you get to them.

Bob Whites hang out in fence rows , doing their courtship call.

 If you are skilled enough  to duplicate their whistle, you can actually call them up to you.

In Summer time wild berries grow abundantly and  undisturbed there . 

Persimmons ripen during  the fall, and are, a tasty treat for those who have a taste for them.

Taster be aware of those not quite ripe yet.

If that ever happens, you might get a drawing puckering taste in your mouth for a long while.

Winter brings  snow to the fence row , and bunny rabbits hanging out there in the broom sage,  to keep warm.

 Fence rows are filled with so many good memories for me.

If I had to pick one memory, that I  like best from the ones I have.

 The beautiful golden sunsets I saw there  sitting on a fallen log would rank high on my list.

Until Next Time.  God Bless.

My Meditations by,  Coleman




No comments:

Post a Comment