Saturday, March 11, 2017

Mary Mount Hospital




Marymount Hospital rested on top of a hill ,abreast Ninth Street in our little town of London, Kentucky .

For more than fifty years the Sisters of Charity owned and operated this Hospital .

Dr. H.V. Pennington founded it in 1926, giving London the most modern and up to date hospital in Southeastern Kentucky.

 It quickly became a major medical facility between Lexington, London, and Knoxville, Tennessee.

Something long over due in that part of the country .

I made my first  emergency visit to the hospital when I was ten years old.

While helping my dad do some remodeling to our home.

A heavy  board,slipped out of my hands hitting me in the back of the head.

Causing a deep gash , something that  mother couldn't fix.

Arriving at the Mary Mount hospital with severe bleeding and an acute head ache.

Happened to be my way of getting  acquainted with the place.

Emergency's can and do happen as the ole saying goes.

Even to those trying to be careful.

Everything turned out well , no permanent damage or anything like that.

I Left  Mary Mount, with several stiches, and  orders from the Doctor to take it easy for a couple days .

 During July of 2010  Mary Mount closed its location on ninth street.


 And the Saint Joseph-London Hospital opened its doors about the same time, becoming London’s newest hospital .

 Quite a contrast from the old Mary Mount I attended.

This new facility has the latest  of technology and is located on a beautiful 52 acre campus.

 Medical facility's have come a long way since the olden days  when I first sought treatment . 

I am most grateful  for Mary Mounts help back then and for all the modern day help we have today.


Until Next Time.  God Bless.

My Meditations by,  Coleman




 






No comments:

Post a Comment