Wednesday, March 1, 2017

First Airplane to our neck of the woods

 April 15th 1947 was starting out with the quietness of most other days  in our little  rural community .

I was turning eight years of age, running around bare footed, and not much thought of the future.

 But things were about to change from all that.

My expectations of the future, had nothing to do with Airplanes,  I can assure you.

My sisters and I, were  busy playing in the front yard of our home that day.

When we heard a most unusual  sound .

The sound was like nothing we'd ever heard before.

Finally when we could see what it was.

It turned out to be a airplane...we'd heard of  airplanes  being used in War time, but had no idea what a plane might look like close up.

The plane was flying low enough for us to  see the pilot .

He waved to us and we waved back .

About that time, Mother came out of the house she heard the noise,  and wanted to see what it was going on .


In just the short time it took for the plane to fly over head, history was made in our neck of the woods.

Things ceased being quite and peaceful  .

To a time where the sound of an aircraft became  common  .

What a difference 70 years  has brought to the country.


Sometimes I  find myself,  I longing to go back  to that quite time of yesterday for a  little vacation.

 To a time where things were peaceful and quite, like they were back in the 40's before the modern world of airplanes began. 



Until Next Time,   God Bless.

My Meditations by,  Coleman




No comments:

Post a Comment