Sunday, March 5, 2017

Attentin





  A whistle can get attention rather quickly.

I owned one of those things when I was a kid, got it from a box of cracker Jacks.

The cracker jacks were good, and I enjoyed them a lot, but I think I enjoyed the whistle even more.

Especially when it come to getting myself some  attention.

Mother said  I  used it a little to much, around her.

She reminded me not everyone loves a whistle being  blown in their ears.

I had to apologize to mother for that one.  

When used correctly though, a whistle's sound can be a good thing.

It can be used to control unruly behavior,  or to signal the beginning or the end, of something.

Blown by a police officer at a intersection.


Helps us navigate safely through the not working traffic signals .


Referee's  use them at a sporting events,  to regulate  game activity.

When it comes to getting and keeping our attention, special means are needed sometimes.

For example; In order for the teacher to achieve any form of learning in his or her class room. 

They must have our attention .

God operates His attention getting in similar fashion . 

Talking and reasoning with us, is usually His first option.

If that fails He may turn to adversity, anguish, trials, tribulations, and heartache    .

That; sounds a bit harsh to us, much like the whistle I blew in my Mothers ears.

But I've have found over the years.

What ever it takes God will use to get our attention.



Perhaps; God knows us, way better than we know ourselves.

Especially when it comes to getting and keeping our attention  .



Until next time,  God Bless. 

MY Meditations by,    Coleman Schell

 


No comments:

Post a Comment