Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Thankfulness



 Mother  taught me  as a youngster to say "thank you"  when someone gave you something, or offered   a helping hand.

Or if things didn't  always go my way "to still be thankful".

Since those early years I've  tried my best to practice her teachings .

For the most part I've been able to honor Mothers guidance .

The harder one for me has been learning how to be thankful when things don't go well.

Mother said  she discovered  how to do that, during her reading  of the Bible .

Thankfulness isn't ones usual response, when things go wrong  .

We may have many good things for which to be thankful- for ---but let just one bad thing happen and we will think about that bad experience for weeks and  even years.

With out ever being thankful  .

Mother explained to me... we should always give thanks for "everything"... that happens in our life... including those that aren't so good .

1 Thessalonians 5:18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.



Each of us should be reminded; of the thankfulness,  Matthew Henry (A English Minister) demonstrated when he was mugged.

A man once stole Matthew Henry’s wallet. In reflecting on the incident, Henry said;

 I am thankful that he never robbed me before,

 I am thankful that although he took my wallet, he did not take my life.

 Although he took all I had, it was not much,

 I am glad that it was I who was robbed, not I who did the robbing.

 Many times its hard for us to be as forgiving and thankful as Matthew Henry was, when things went wrong for him.

Matthew Henry practiced God's policy the one Mother told me about about ... and it worked for him... if we will be thankful for all things...it will work for us... the same way .

 I shall always treasure the good advice from my Mother on being thankful.

As well as God's advice on how to be thankful when things don't go my way .


Until next time,  God  Bless .


My Meditations by,  Coleman












               

No comments:

Post a Comment