Monday, May 9, 2016

Levi's


In the 1950’s, Levi’s became popular with young people. It was the symbol of the teenage rebel in TV shows and movies.

Elvis Presley, James Dean, and Marlon Brando sported them, they became desirable in the 1950s and kind of associated with rock and roll and pop music.

Like most of the kids my age I just had to have a pair, I remember going to E.C. Porters store in London, Kentucky to make my purchase.

Why did kids  love Levi jeans you ask? Let me count the ways-The capital "E’ on the red tab The brown leather patch.

The incredible leg-twist that you get on a pair of sanforized jeans.

 The Arcuate stitching or "double arcs" on the back pockets- which happens to be one of the oldest apparel trademarks still in use today.




After purchasing my Levi's I picked out a couple ringer T-shirts to go with them.

I had now become a certified teenage rebel, joining all the young folks in our generation imitating Elvis Presley, James Dean, and Marlon Brando.

As I look back on that generation; we wanted  un-faded jeans with a belt and with out holes in them .

Todays generation;  like their jeans faded with holes in them, and with no belt.

Wearing them way below the hips and barely able to  keep them from falling down as they walk.

What a difference a generation makes in our choices  of jeans and the way we wear them.

Until Next time.  God Bless.

My Meditation by,  Coleman
 
 
 







No comments:

Post a Comment