Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Rainbows and Leprechauns


Mother  was the story teller in our family.

 Her stories never seemed to grow old or out of style, no matter how often she told them .

Here is one about, Rainbows she told, of how God made a covenant with Noah, and signed the covenant with a Rainbow.

Genesis 9: 
 Verse 11...And I will establish my covenant with you, neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.

 Verse 13... I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.

Verse 15... And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.


Then mother shared with us... some of the... the magical things she had heard about rainbows.

That there is no real end to them, If you stood where you 'think' the rainbow ends, it would look to you as if it is standing in a different location all together.

Its one of Gods optical illusions in nature. It all depends on the angle of the sun and where the moisture is in the air.

And then there's the one she told about ...Leprechauns who were thought to be fairy-like creatures with a bit of a wild side.

 Legend has it that they're shoemakers who keep their profits in pots of gold, which they carry around with them. Sometimes their pots are so full that they spill the gold pieces on the ground.

According to the legend... Rainbows often hover over the spilled Gold.

I tried finding the end of the Rainbow, and that pot of Gold so many times... when I was a kid... but was never able to find either one.


 When I see God  so Gracefully span the horizon with a Rainbow today... I'm reminded of Mothers simplistic answer of how the Rainbow came to be, and how it will always be part of Gods promise to man, until the end of time.

Until Next Time.  God Bless.

My Meditations by,   Coleman

 

No comments:

Post a Comment