Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Jacks



Jacks a, easy-to-learn game according to my sisters.

I tried playing it a few times, but couldn't get the hang of it, seems I wasn't coordinated  enough, or something.

If you were one of those able to play Jacks .

It could be played indoors or outdoors.

 And could be played in groups, pairs, or solo.

 All you needed was a small bouncy ball and a set of jacks.


The Jacks were six-pronged metal pieces. The number of jacks you needed depended on which variation of the game you were playing.

The simplest games  required just five, while more complicated ones could involve up to fifteen.

 Mother bought the girls a Jacks  set  for helping her  around the house when they were young.

The  set;  best I remember had 10 metal Jacks.

 A hard wood floor was best for the ball to bounce on...  inside...outdoors... a wooden or concrete porch worked well.

How do you play jacks?

Scatter the Jacks in front of you.


 Bounce the ball... before it bounces  again... catch the ball... with ball in hand pick up one Jack... transfer it to the other hand.

  Do this until all Jacks are in hand this is called "onesies." 

  Doing this all the way thru "Tensies."   without missing.
  you won yourself a game. "WOW." was that easy or not ?

I could never get thru "onesies."

For those who can play Jacks well... reckon its like my sisters said... an  easy game .

But as for me, I must yield to the greater talent on this one.


Until Next Time.  God Bless.

My Meditations By,     Coleman




No comments:

Post a Comment