Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Farriston


 Farriston Kentucky was home to one of the few Roller rinks in our area.

Friday  and Saturday nights, it would be packed with young people .

Being a teenager, I'd been hearing about the excitement going on at Farriston  for awhile, just hadn't  checked it out .

 My good friend Bill Hubbard, made skating sound like so much fun.

 And had been after me for a while to go skating with him, finally one Friday night, I decided to go .

 Before we left ,I reminded Bill that I was the most unusual candidate,  you would ever find for skating.

No problem, I'll have you skating in no time.

Feeling a little bit brave, and somewhat terrified at that thought,  I couldn't help but wonder if he was right or wrong .

Arriving at the rink.

A recording of Buddy Holly was playing "That'll Be The Day", teenagers on the floor  skating and enjoying themselves, looked like a lot of fun.

 I rented myself a pair of skates and joined the party, wasn't long until I was trying  desperately to figure out how you stand up with skates on.

Bill and  some of the others, tried holding me up, but it was pretty much useless.

 After numerous failed attempts and almost getting ran over by other skaters, I decided to sit out for awhile . 

Following the rest I managed to stand on my own feet by myself, and make it around the rink with out any help.

 A good thing it was that Bill had  confidence in me.

 For if it hadn't been for his persistent effort.

I'm  pretty sure I would never have learned to skate, and enjoy skating ."At Farriston Roller Rink."  in good ole Farriston town  U.S.A.

Until Next Time.  God Bless.

My Meditation by,  Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment