Monday, November 2, 2015

Granny Brock Parman



We lived near Granny Brock Parman, my mothers mother, for several years.

Granny was kind of short, I'm guessing maybe less than 5 ft. tall.

Granny's hair was turning grey,  it looked so radiant and beautiful on her.

She was a pretty woman:  some what independent  and one , who knew her own mind.

And didn't seem to care what other people thought of her, she just went about doing her own thing.

 She often told wonderful stories about the pioneer days.

We would sit and not say a word for a long time as we listened to them.

 She wrote and published many of her stories in the sentential-Echo News Paper.

She called her article  "Mediations by Miss Carrie."

It  became a favorite part of the paper  and read by perhaps thousands during the years she published it.

I  liked her meditations so much I borrowed the title to use for my writings,  hope you don't mind Granny.

 I will never be able to write like Granny, as much as I would like too, that part of Granny's life is un matched by anyone.

  A legend in her time, a gifted writer, a good friend to many, were just a few of the  afterbutes,  Granny Brock Parman had . 

Until Next Time.   God Bless.

Coleman Schell


No comments:

Post a Comment