Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Aunt Verne and Charlie




In the 1970's I used to visit with my Aunt Verne and Charlie a lot, we had some good times together, once I remember we got on the subject of Daylight saving time, the pros and cons of it, while I was there.

It seems when everyone else set their clocks to comply with the time change, Aunt Verne and Charlie's clocks stayed the same.

I'm not sure when our nation started doing the time change, but I think it was back when Roosevelt was president.

Aunt Verne and Charlie complained about it then, and when I visited with them they hadn't switched their view about it at all.

As long as I knew them they never once apologized for their strong independence on leaving their clocks set the same all year long.

Charlie often pulled out his Waltham pocket watch from the bib of his overall's to check the time.

He said it only had one speed, and why would he want to change that.

Good question I thought to myself, Charlie's reasoning was that the sun came up and went down the same no matter what time you had your clock set too.

Aunt Verne and Charlie were in their late seventy's when I last visited with them.

Charlie said to me at that time; our time is about out, and I plan on keeping my Waltham set the same until that happens, no matter what the rest of the world thinks about it.

The more I've thought about this matter; who knows maybe  Aunt Verne and Charlie had it right, and the rest of us have never caught on.

Until Next Time.  God Bless.

Coleman Schell

No comments:

Post a Comment