Monday, November 30, 2015

A Best Friend



 In grade school Kenneth Sweet was a best friend of mine, the two of us traveled hundreds of miles on his bicycle.

We took turns handle baring each other, so the both of us could ride at the same time.

Most every week we took a trip somewhere in the neighborhood, visiting with friends and  our local store.
 
Going to the store  was a treat, because that's where we could find our favorite soft drink  RC Cola.

When we'd get us one, it never seemed to taste right until  we had a Moon Pie to go with it.

 If we didn't have the moon pie which seldom happened, we'd pour a pack of peanuts into our RC Cola. and drink and eat the peanuts .

 We'd take turns  staying over night with each other.

When I would spend the night with Kenneth, his mother  fixed the best breakfast ever .

 She made fried bologna for us.

 Up until then I had never eaten fried bologna before.

I liked it so well, I must have had a couple helpings.

 When I got home I asked Mother if she could  buy some bologna  and fry it for us.

 When she went to the store she had them sliced her a couple pounds and fried it for our breakfast the next day , the whole family liked it.

 After that, dad started buying us a whole roll of bologna at a time, when he had the money.

 I still love my fried bologna today  as well as a bologna sandwich every now and then. 

Haven't seen Kenneth in a bunch of years, I bet he too  hasn't for gotten our sleep overs and the  good breakfasts we had  together.

Good memories are a blessing.

Philippians 1:3-5                    
I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy, because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now.

 The times I spent  with my best friend Kenneth were priceless, and I'm thankful for each one of them.

 
Until next time,  God Bless.


Coleman Schell


No comments:

Post a Comment