Sunday, October 18, 2015

Higher Plans


As a young boy I had my mind pretty much set on being a farmer , that was about all I'd ever  known or done.

Farming seemed more likely  to be my future than anything else.

 Little did I know God was going to take  me in a different direction though, a direction that would lead me into construction and working for Him.

The Bible reveals that God has a plan for every life, and that if we live in fellowship with Him, He will direct and lead us into the fulfillment of this plan.

God doesn't reveal His plans through fortune tellers, astrologers, soothsayers,  and workers of hocus-pocus. His perfect will is reserved to those who have trusted Christ as Savior.


 God wants and longs to show us His will, And He is willing to share it with us when we are redeemed and ready to follow Him.


 He doesn't do this all at once, as many of us would like for Him to do, but  what He does do is give it to us one step at a time .

Jeremiah 29:11

 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

His expected end for each of our lives, is much greater than anything we can plan, or put together for ourselves.

I worked 25 years in construction, helping build a lot of beautiful and famous building in the Detroit Mi. area.

 "Ford Field home of the Detroit Lions football team." was the last one I worked on before retirement. I was proud to have gotten to work on such a prestigious  building.

I enjoyed a long and adventurist career, I drive by some of  the buildings I worked on today, and I  marvel as I see them in use years later. 

I retired in 2000 .


I am now doing things a bit more casual; enjoying my family life, writings my meditations, doing medical transportation part time, and sharing the love of God were ever I go .

 Let God's plans for your life supersede your own, and let Him bless you with  divine guidance.

 He really does  know your end much better than you. 


Until next time,  God Bless.


Coleman Schell

No comments:

Post a Comment