Sunday, September 6, 2015

Cracker Jacks

The Cracker Jack candy treat has been around for a long time, and even in my own lifetime ( some 76 years) not much has changed to its long standing, and its  popularity among kids.

  The  box still has the familiar sailor boy saluting us with his trusty dog .

Best I remember, their names were Sailor Jack and Bingo.

Kids today, even with the wide variety of candy treats available to them, still like and enjoy opening a box of Cracker Jacks, and looking for the prize inside.

They were  popular when I was a kid.

I got my first box in my stocking, on Christmas Eve.

Along with the Cracker Jacks,  was an apple, orange, a pack of Juicy Fruit gum and a package of corn candy.


Not sure how Santa came up with this combination.

The Cracker Jacks drew my attention .

I opened them and began eating; they were delicious, I formed a liking for them right away.

My prize was a little red car made out of metal, I was so proud to get it.

I kept the little car for several years, before finally losing it.

Bet you have some Cracker Jack stories of your own, to share ,seems like most everyone does.

Until next Time.  God Bless.

Coleman Schell

 

No comments:

Post a Comment