Wednesday, April 15, 2015

The sound of rain




There are two things beyond all else I love; the sound of rain from a tin roof and sleeping in a feather bed.

A feather bed in its self is a soothing and comforting experience.

Adding the dripping rain  from a tin roof to it, makes for a good nights sleep.

Many a night during my childhood,  I left my windows open, to hear the rain as it pattered on the tin roof.

And to feel and smell the freshness of the air, coming through the curtains.

 I could hear the rain pattering on the roof and shifting its way through the branches of the trees at the same time.

Sometimes the rain sounded like a cloud burst, then it would slow down and return to a gentle pattering sound.

While it was changing back and forth you would hear it steadily dripping from the roof.

Making a "Dot Dot sound"  sometimes as the drops  splashed into an old bucket or tin can.

Been awhile since I've slept in a feather bed with my windows open, and listen to the rain pattering on the tin roof.

Writing this story brought back some good memory's of those times, that I had while I was growing up in Kentucky.

Until Next Time.    God Bless.

Coleman Schell








No comments:

Post a Comment