Monday, March 16, 2015

A Better Place A Better Time ?




I some times wish I could have lived back in the days when Kentucky was first settled.

When the first Log Houses were built; there was fear I know, but still there was a peace and quietness like none  we can ever know now.

Those houses stood in a little cleared place in the forest, some in level places, some in the valley at the foot of a hill.

There was peaceful quite evenings as folks set by the door at the close of day.

The children playing in the yards, a father playing some tunes on a fiddle before they would go in the house.

I can imagine how bright the moon and stars would shine on those little homes.

And how quite it was after everyone had gone to bed, maybe just a barking dog, or a hoot owl hollering.

To break the stillness of the night.

I would loved to have lived back in those times and took a walk through the tall trees that stood in the forest and seen all of those beautiful wild flowers.

I can't bring back yesterday, but my mind still likes to reminisce  occasionally.

Until Next Time.   God Bless.

Coleman Schell


No comments:

Post a Comment