Wednesday, January 21, 2015

My Favorite Studio Picture


In this meditation I will share with you, how my first studio pictured came to be.

When I was around seven years of age, my grand parents Ellhannon and Phoebe Schell, gathered their family for a family portrait.

And for some reason, I got to go along with them to the Studio, in London Kentucky.

All went well at the session , and everyone was elated, except me, I was crying a little to myself on the way home, and grandpa asked why I was so sad.

After some coercing,  I finally told him why I wasn't happy.

I explained to him, because I wasn't in the family  portraits... that made grandpa sad also... He said I'm so sorry Coleman, it never dawned on me to include you in our pictures.

If you'll for-give me he replied, I will take you next week to get your very own studio picture made.

I quickly forgave  him and  excepted his offer, it wasn't like me to have hurt feelings toward grandpa. 

The next week I dressed up in my best and grandpa and I went to town.

As I look back to that photo session, I'm reminded of what a special grandpa he was.

Some of our family members say grandpa picked out my name  for me when I was born.

 If he did; he picked a most unique name;  I looked it up on the internet and found only 249 people in the U.S.A. have Coleman as a first name.

A unique name for a unique guy I guess aye...Just Kidding but it is a uncommon name, It seems I'm the only one who ever stands up when its called out.

I shall always treasure my name...my time spent with grandpa.... and this special picture.


Until Next Time,  God Bless.

Coleman Schell


No comments:

Post a Comment