Wednesday, December 17, 2014

A Winter Walk






 Back in November It had been snowing all morning as I looked out of my window, and decided to go for my walk.


The landscape was in a shimmer of white, the snow lay glistening on the sidewalks, from  the sun light reflecting off it.

There was an unusualness about this day like no other I had seen for awhile, there was no sound, no wind, just the endless whiteness from the snow.


Putting on my boots coat and cap, I opened my door, the air was fresh, surprising it was not to cold. 

Kicking aside some snow that had drifted in front of the door, I took the path that lead into my neighborhood.

Seeing the white on the tree limbs, gave them a  look of splendor, and the snow on the evergreens, conjured a early Christmas spirit.

I felt all alone in the world of white, with no clouds in the sky.


I just love the landscape after a recent snow fall, everything seems so pure and clean.

I wasn't sure how long I had been walking, maybe a little  longer than I normally do, since my face was beginning to get cold.

Time to head home for some hot tea I reckon, I was so engrossed in the beauty of the day, part of me just wanted to keep walking.


 I  love the four seasons in Michigan, each one is a spectacle gift from God.

 I appreciate the season more and more  each year as I take my walks and see their beauty up close.

  On walks like these I realize just  how blessed I  truly am, to be able to walk, and enjoy them at my age.

Until next time, God bless.

Coleman Schell

No comments:

Post a Comment