Wednesday, July 2, 2014

The America I grew Up in




 America is changing, and at a rapid pace may I say .

One of the major changes I have witnessed, is our moral behavior toward God.

 In the America I grew up in, biblical morality was accepted as central to educating the whole person.

 That is what Noah Webster, author of our Dictionary and founder of a historic university, meant when he wrote "Education is useless without the Bible."

There is no doubt that a culture war is raging in America. And the conflicts are largely about attitudes toward God and religion. 

Prayer has been taken out of our schools, the Ten commandments are Ten suggestions--- un wanted children elevated--- marriage redefined . 

From the beginning, the United States has found its core values in the pages of the Bible.

When a nation reads the Bible and practices its principals it will prosper.

The America I grew up in Neighbors would help one another.

 Today people don,t work at being good neighbors anymore and rarely vote their true conviction when asked,its more about helping yourself and letting others fend for themselves kind of attitude. 


 Many of this country's people are good and descent folks, they  work hard at their jobs ,attend church on Sundays and support  their community faithfully, unfortunately  many are pulling against them in this effort.

Morality is not something that a government can bestow on its people; it flows from the hearts of free people reared in a tradition of morality, independence, and resourcefulness.

 Great nations often reflect great character and purpose. 

 When families are strong and parents instill true values and godly character in their children, the nation is strong.

But when a society abandons traditional "family values," history shows that its day of judgment looms.

As we celebrate  Independence Day this year let us pray for our country, that its people will turn back to God and avoid judgement, no country has ever turned its back on God and avoided His raft.

 2 Chronicles 7:14
King James Version (KJV)
 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

I weep for my country, I fear the way we are going, we are testing God's patience.


 I suggest  praying for our nation this Forth of July is the least we can do and the least God expects us to do as its people.


Have a Safe and happy "FORTH OF JULY EVERYONE."
and don't for get to pray if you are concerned about our Nation as well... 

Thanks for letting me vent my concerns.


Coleman Schell

 

No comments:

Post a Comment