Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Family Reunion




On my mothers side of of the family, we've been having  reunions since as far back as I can remember.

Everyone looks forward to our Parman and Brock reunion and many travel long distances to attend.

Every year on the fourth Saturday of July we gather at the Feltners 4-H club, in London Kentucky, to celebrate this great event.

Don't know exactly what the secret ingredient is for its longevity

Uncle Ralph Parman is our current Hoist, perhaps its his jolly humerus presentation that helps.

 Uncle Ralph is in his late 80's and still as active as some of the younger folks, he says his waggle isn't as keen as it used to be, but other wise he's still doing great..

I'm happy our family has kept this reunion going over the years, it seems to have made a bonding affect on many of us, and has helped keep the family closer I am sure.

I hope if your family has reunions that you have as much fun as we do in ours, family time is so important to all of us, and in my opinion reunions are one of the best ways to keep the family together.

“Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one.” -Jane Howard

I love my family, its an important part of my life, don't quite understand how they let me in, but I am happy they did, our family is kinda like God's family, you don't have to be perfect to get in, you just need to be forgiven.

Coleman Schell



No comments:

Post a Comment