Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Mortal Wound




In my back yard a few years ago, this ambitious poison  ivy plant had a secret plan to conquer the world, especially my favorite maple tree, of which I was most anxious to protect.

 Every few weeks I would look out my back window and notice this plant attaching its self to my maple tree and winding its way up the trunk.

 By now I realized the  solution required action I must stop this vigorous  plant.

 Instead of pulling it off the tree, and most likely getting poison ivy, on my hands, I decided to take my hatchet and  make one quick cut near the bottom of the vine.

The next day its leaves looked a little dull, two or three days latter they were brown with cancerous looking black spots.

Christians who lose God during a period of spiritual confusion are like the plant cut off from its source, they are deprived of nurture and strength. They seem to cope at first, but the concealed wound is mortal.

They usually drop out of Church and quit reading the Bible and praying. Some go off the deep end and begin doing things they would never have contemplated before.

Jesus warned of this situation in John 15: 5-6 when He said I am the vine, you are the branches. If a man remains with me and I in Him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown in the fire and burned.

If you are among those people who have been separated from the vine, because of disillusionment or confusion.

Jesus knows that you are hurting He understands the pain that has engulfed you, Especially  when one of your loved one's died, or your husband or wife  betrayed you, along with many other things that can cause you to feel separated from Him.

 Remember no matter what you are going through He still cares for you  even if your heart is broken and  you're  feeling bitter toward  Him,  He still wants to mend your heart today, so that you can remain on the vine and connected to Him and produce much good fruit for Him.

Will you let Him?

Coleman Schell

No comments:

Post a Comment