Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Maintance




My first car was a 1949 Mercury Eight coupe, a sharp car if I may say so myself,and as you might well imagine I was proud of it.

The car sales man told me when I purchased it, if I would change the oil and keep it serviced it would last me a long while, course being 18 years of age that didn't seem as important as driving the car to me.

I soon found out what he meant by the maintenance suggestion after a few major repair bills, and the expenses that went with them, I immediately  became a believer and decided to follow his advice.

Maintenance is important in our Spiritual life as well, just as changing oil and keeping your car serviced is important for it,  so is listening to God, Reading your Bible, and praying, they are good for your spiritual life, each goes a long way in preventing  major break downs and heart aches in your life.

Some spiritual advice; You just might want to do your maintenance  at the beginning of each day, before you do Face booking, e-mailing, watching the News, exercising, eating breakfast, or anyone of the many other things that seem more important.

Stability, blessings and spiritual growth come from Maintaining a close relationship with God.

My voice  you shall hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning I will direct it to you, and I will look up.
                                                               Psalms 5:3

Coleman Schell

No comments:

Post a Comment