Friday, February 28, 2014

DRINKING OF THE LIVING WATER






As a young lad in the Appalachian hills,of Kentucky, I walked to school each day on my way, was a cool spring of water that flowed out of the hillside near the road way.

 Many times I  would stop and fill up the hollowed  gourd that hang near by the spring,  and enjoy one of the most refreshing drinks of water that I can ever recall.

When Jesus  encountered a woman at Jacob's well He talked to her about another source of water that would always satisfy.

He mentioned that whosoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst.

 Also He told her the water that he would give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life. (John 4:14 )

 Far greater than the natural spring water I drank on the way to school is the refreshment we have been offered in Christ Himself.

For Jesus alone is the water of life that can quench our thirsty soul.

Many times it seems we drank far to often of the waters of this world that can not satisfy.

Forgive us Lord and teach us to find in Christ the water that can quench the thirst in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment