Saturday, September 7, 2013

Thankfulness



                Thankfulness isn't our usual response when something goes wrong.

We may have many good things for which to be thankful----but let just one bad thing happen and its all we think about for weeks.

The Bible teaches us to give thanks for everything that happens in our life including the bad things.

Each of us should have the thankfulness that Matthew Henry demonstrated when he was mugged.

Matthew wrote in his diary, "Let me be thankful first because I was never robbed before; second, although they took my wallet, they did not take my life; third because although they took my all, it was not much; and fourth because it was I who was robbed, not I who robbed.

I wonder if each of us could be that thankful !
               

No comments:

Post a Comment