Tuesday, November 20, 2012

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

          When ever i think of God's faithfulness to me over the years, I think of a dear lady by the name of Corrie Ten Boom, a remarkable Dutch woman.
           Corrie was imprisoned in a Ravensbruk  concentration camp, later she traveled the world over telling her story of suffering, forgiveness, and joy.
           For thirty-five years of her life, Corrie never had a permanent home, at the age of eighty-five some friends provided her with a lovely home in California, It was a luxury Corrie never dreamed she would have.
           One day a movie director friend stopped by to visit with Corrie and while they were talking, he said. " Corrie hasn't God been good to give you, this beautiful house?"
            She replied with a firmness in her voice. " My friend God was good when I was in Ravenbruk too!"
            Has God been good to you? Why not give him thanks this Thanksgiving for seeing you through the good times as well as the bad ones
             Isaiah 41: 10
             Fear not, for I am with you: be not dismayed, for I am your God.   

No comments:

Post a Comment